Labels

Baby (1) Environment (1) graduation (1) Life (5) Moving (1)

Friday, June 11, 2010

Heartache and Daydreams

Don't get scared, my blog posting will not be as prophetic as the title of my blog. I was checking out houses on metrolist (a housing list serve for the Sacramento area). This has become my favorite thing to do on my spare time, even though Mike and I know we won't be buying a house for at least 3 years (which seems like forever to me)! I get so excited looking at all these pictures of our potential houses, but it also makes me a little sad that we are here right now and now in my home! We are trying to enjoy our experience here, I mean Humboldt has so many amazing outdoor activites! And I know when we look back on our time here we will remember all the fun we had and the beauty we saw, but right now I am thinking about those picnics on the American River, jetskiing on Folsom Lake, eating lunch downtown, jumping on light rail, driving through the Fab 40's, riding our bikes through the city of trees in the sunlight, and simply enjoying the valley, the warmth. But most of all, I miss the comfort of my hometown. Of course the people are importnant, family and friends make it my home, but the atmosphere the area also holds a spot in my heart. I have dreams of owning a house under the tree-laden streets of Sac, wokring downtown and meeting co-workers for lunch, raising my kids in an area where parks, rivers, and trader joe's are abundant. I have visions of my children playing in the backyard on a warm sunny morning, kissing my love under the arches of the capital as we did once before, delighting in the simple pleasure that is good weather and sunshine.... Sacramento air. Mike and I know what we want, and we realize it might not all be possible. But then again, we can dream. We want a green lifestlye complete with cloth diapers and organic local food. We want nice things that will last us years, we want the joy of creating memories in an area where we can excel in our careers, families, friendships. I tend to think too far in the future, and maybe that makes me miss the wonderful things of the present. I am trying to live in the moment so that I enjoy the beauty that surrounds us on a daily basis, but I will never stop dreaming. Dreaming of our future solidifies what we want as a couple, who we want to be, and what our future will hold.

We will make our future... we can have whatever we cant.... as long as we make it happen. Let's make it happen.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's good that you two are planning for the future because before you know it the cloth diapers will be here! I also like the way that you talk about Sacramento, it makes me happy I live here.
I also always go on Metro list and look at the houses too. Its addicting. And, someday we will have those houses!

Swellchick71 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Swellchick71 said...

ALL things are possible my sweet sissy. I know you guys will make your dreams a reality. I love you!